Recipe and Image modified from Health
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1. Heat peanut butter, milk, and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat 3 minutes or until chips melt.
2. Stir in oats. Remove from heat.
3. With a spoon, small ice cream scoop/melon baller, drop 8 ball-shaped portions on a wax paper−lined baking sheet. Let set in fridge 10 minutes.
Maple Grilled Burger
Try this recipe for the perfect gluten free burger with a Canadian Maple twist! Simple recipe with simple ingredients, what could be better?
• 4 Burgers
• 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons of Canadian Pure Maple Syrup + maple syrup for grilling
• 2 large Spanish onions, sliced
• 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon each of sea salt + red pepper flakes
• Lettuce (optional)
• grilled avocado slices (optional)
• tomato slices (optional)
Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat for 3 minutes.
Add sliced Spanish onions.
Add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, sea salt and red pepper flakes.
Allow to cook until golden brown.
1 Spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil. Generously spread the softened butter over the flesh of the squash; lie in the prepared baking dish with the cut sides facing down.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Flip the squash and put about half the butter and about half the brown sugar in each of the cavities of the squash halves. Return to the oven until the outer shell is soft, about 10 minutes more. Spoon the flesh of the squash into a bowl to serve.
Tropical Twist Smoothie
Want to get away from this cold winter into the tropical bliss? Try this new tropical twist smoothie!
Yield: 1 serving
- ½ ripe fresh mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup (125mL) diced fresh pineapple
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) water or rice milk or other milk substitute
- 1 serving protein powder (eg. Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Proteins + unsweetened or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) flaxseed oil or hempseed oil
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary
Picture source from Islandher Smoothies