This smoothie is so creamy and chocolately, it’s almost like a milkshake but much healthier! Balance the sweetness of the chocolate smoothie with some crunchy and slightly salty kale chips!
1 scoop protein powder (plain or vanilla)
1 heaping tbsp raw cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cashew milk (can use almond or coconut as well)
1 cup water
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Blend and Enjoy
Need to spice up your smoothie with a little cinnamon? Sugar and spice makes everything nice! Well, this is the perfect recipe that you’ve been looking for! Try this drink with some delicious cashew coconut balls!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup to taste
- Protein powder (plain or vanilla)
- 2 cups cold water (less if you like it thicker)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Raw cacao powder
- Dandy Blend, other herbal coffee substitute or 4-5 coffee beans for flavour
- 1-2 pitted dates (use less maple syrup if using)
- Blend and serve. Yum!
~recipe adapted from Megan Telpner
Want to experience bliss in a cup? Try this vanilla blueberry smoothie. Pair it with Protein Pancakes!
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen avocado
- 1/2 tbsp maca powder
- Pinch of ground vanilla bean/drop of vanilla extract to taste
- 1 cups cold water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Place all ingredients into your blender, blend until smooth and sip it on up.
We have all heard the saying “eat breakfast like a king”. Why should you eat like a king, you ask?
The benefits are numerous:
- Breakfast gets your metabolism revving, helping to burn more calories through your day
- A quality breakfast provides much needed macro and micro nutrients- key for maintaining a healthy immune system as we approach cooler weather
- Eating breakfast helps to keep blood sugars stabilized (and consequently hormones stabilized), better ensuring quality energy and sleep.
Here are my top protein packed, energy fuelling, yummy –in- your- tummy breakfast choices:
- Protein Power Pancakes.
The reason I love these so much is that you get that warm, comforting pancake texture but without all the white flours and sugars. The flax in this recipe adds some healthy fat that helps keep you feeling fuller longer and the nutmeg and cinnamon bring an added sweetness while helping to naturally lower your blood sugar. This by the way is great for those trying to drop body fat.
Find the recipe for this here
Stay tuned next week for the next yummy breakfast choice!
Pair up these pancakes with a Vanilla Blueberry Bliss Smoothie!
Looking for an energy boost? Try these healthy and easy cashew vanilla coconut balls! Pair them up with a very berry smoothie!
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder of your choice (advertise your choice here)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 10-12 pitted dates
- Place cashews into blender and blend until you reach fine crumbs
- Add in protein powder, cinnamon, coconut, and chia seeds, and process until smooth
- Combine honey and dates and blend until you get a clumpy ball
- Put in a bowl and add in almond butter. If you find the mixture is falling apart you can add in roughly one tablespoon of water.
- Use your tablespoon and scoop out mixture to form roughly 12 balls
- Roll them in more coconut if you like, then seal in a glass container for freezing
- Have them as a grab-and-go snack from your freezer
From January’s edition of Impact Magazine