Want to experience bliss in a cup? Try this vanilla blueberry smoothie. Pair it with Protein Pancakes!
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen avocado
- 1/2 tbsp maca powder
- Pinch of ground vanilla bean/drop of vanilla extract to taste
- 1 cups cold water
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Place all ingredients into your blender, blend until smooth and sip it on up.
We have all heard the saying “eat breakfast like a king”. Why should you eat like a king, you ask?
The benefits are numerous:
- Breakfast gets your metabolism revving, helping to burn more calories through your day
- A quality breakfast provides much needed macro and micro nutrients- key for maintaining a healthy immune system as we approach cooler weather
- Eating breakfast helps to keep blood sugars stabilized (and consequently hormones stabilized), better ensuring quality energy and sleep.
Here are my top protein packed, energy fuelling, yummy –in- your- tummy breakfast choices:
- Protein Power Pancakes.
The reason I love these so much is that you get that warm, comforting pancake texture but without all the white flours and sugars. The flax in this recipe adds some healthy fat that helps keep you feeling fuller longer and the nutmeg and cinnamon bring an added sweetness while helping to naturally lower your blood sugar. This by the way is great for those trying to drop body fat.
Find the recipe for this here
Stay tuned next week for the next yummy breakfast choice!
Pair up these pancakes with a Vanilla Blueberry Bliss Smoothie!
Good morning! Ready for breakfast? Spread some faux (but healthy!) Nutella spread on these pancakes to make a complete meal!
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp ground flax
Combine all ingredients together except for berries.
Mix well and add to a warm pan with 1/2 tsp coconut oil, making 5-6 inch sized pancakes
Once cooked, top with berries and enjoy
Makes 1 serving