This cool breakfast choice is great for vegans and vegetarians looking for something new. The chia and hemp seeds provide healthy omega 3 fatty acids great for skin, nails, hair and fat loss. Serve this with delicious Oat Clusters for a filling and healthy breakfast!
- 4oz almond milk (or almond, coconut milk etc)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp agave nectar (only if milk is unsweetened)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large, deep bowl combine the milk, chia, agave, vanilla and 1 tbsp hemp. Stir until combined and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture a few times.
- When set, top with remaining hemp, raspberries and coconut- or make layers out of the ingredients.
Looking for an energy boost? Try these healthy and easy cashew vanilla coconut balls! Pair them up with a very berry smoothie!
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder of your choice (advertise your choice here)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 10-12 pitted dates
- Place cashews into blender and blend until you reach fine crumbs
- Add in protein powder, cinnamon, coconut, and chia seeds, and process until smooth
- Combine honey and dates and blend until you get a clumpy ball
- Put in a bowl and add in almond butter. If you find the mixture is falling apart you can add in roughly one tablespoon of water.
- Use your tablespoon and scoop out mixture to form roughly 12 balls
- Roll them in more coconut if you like, then seal in a glass container for freezing
- Have them as a grab-and-go snack from your freezer
From January’s edition of Impact Magazine