This smoothie is so creamy and chocolately, it’s almost like a milkshake but much healthier! Balance the sweetness of the chocolate smoothie with some crunchy and slightly salty kale chips!
1 scoop protein powder (plain or vanilla)
1 heaping tbsp raw cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cashew milk (can use almond or coconut as well)
1 cup water
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Blend and Enjoy
Perfect treat for the fall – PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS! Big shoutout to Genuine Health for their fuel (protein!) Have these muffins with a delicious iced coffee!
- 1 scoop protein powder (Vanilla fermented proteins+ by Genuine Health or 3 tbsp Omega Nutrition pumpkin seed powder)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup banana
- 5 organic, free-range eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and banana to a food processor and process until smooth
- Add eggs to a large bowl and whisk until frothy
- Add the pumpkin and banana puree mixture to the bowl with the eggs and whisk until smooth
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coconut flour and whisk until smooth
- Grease a muffin tin with a dab of coconut oil and fill each tin with the muffin mixture
- Sprinkle pecans (if using) over the top
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and set in the middle.
Adapted from Sonnet’s Kitchen
image source by Michelle Strong
#GenuineHealth #3nutrition #protein #powder #muffins #fall #spice #pumpkin #recipe #pumpkinspice
Good morning! Ready for breakfast? Spread some faux (but healthy!) Nutella spread on these pancakes to make a complete meal!
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp ground flax
Combine all ingredients together except for berries.
Mix well and add to a warm pan with 1/2 tsp coconut oil, making 5-6 inch sized pancakes
Once cooked, top with berries and enjoy
Makes 1 serving
Looking for warmth on a cold fall day? With fall approaching, this Tomato Soup recipe is perfect! Try this tomato soup with some cloud bread!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet cooking onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh Roma tomatoes or 1 28-oz can plum tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch curry powder
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- In heavy stockpot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add all chopped vegetables and sauté until soft and onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, stock or water, basil, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder, and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree soup to uniform consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Slow cooker meals are a great way to ensure dinner is ready by the time you walk through the door from work. Here is a delicious and healthy recipe, packed with protein! Ensure that you have food from other food groups by preparing these vegetables, Mushroom Yakitori!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 celery stocks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cucumber finely diced
- ½ cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz chicken stock
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- Homemade ranch salad dressing- 1 tbsp for each lettuce wrap
Homemade ranch dressing:
- ½-3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- 1 small minced garlic clove
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Mix ingredients together in a blender or by hand. (This marinade can be stored for about a week in the fridge.)
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker for 4 hours (on high) or 8 hours (on low)
Add broth, garlic, onions, celery
After the chicken has been cooked, remove it and shred it with two forks. Reserve ½ cup of the liquid and discard the rest
Add the hot sauce and BBQ sauce to the shredded chicken and place back in the slow cooker for 30 minutes on low
Serve chicken on lettuce wraps, top with 1 tbsp ranch sauce for each wrap, cucumber and red cabbage