Thank you to all who participated in this Crunch Challenge (#JulyCrunchChallenge).
And the WINNER of the 2015 #JulyCrunchChallenge is…((drumroll, please))…
Tena Kellet! Tena, please contact me (I e-mailed you) and I will give you information on how to claim your consultation prize Congratulations on winning!
Recipe and Image modified from Health
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1. Heat peanut butter, milk, and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat 3 minutes or until chips melt.
2. Stir in oats. Remove from heat.
3. With a spoon, small ice cream scoop/melon baller, drop 8 ball-shaped portions on a wax paper−lined baking sheet. Let set in fridge 10 minutes.
Image and Recipe of Fruit Parfait is adapted from Health
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups sliced mixed plums, peaches, and nectarines
- 3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons walnuts and almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
1. In a tall 4-cup container or jar, layer half of the yogurt, fruit, cereal, nuts, flaxseed, and syrup. Repeat with the remaining half of ingredients, ending with honey. (If you prefer a crunchy parfait, pack cereal separately to add right before eating.)
2. Refrigerate up to 5 hours.
Image and Recipe for Avocado Cups Adapted from Health
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 endive leaves
- Peel, pit, and mash 1 avocado; set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream or plain yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro in a small bowl; stir in avocado.
- Spoon avocado mixture evenly into 12 endive leaves.