White Bean Chili
2 cups chopped onion/1+ lb chopped swiss chard
5+ cloves chopped garlic
2 lbs ground chicken or turkey
Salt 3 tbs cumin, 4 tbs fennel seed, 2 tbs oregano, ground pepper
3 tsp chili powder, ½ tsp cayenne, ½ tsp red pepper flakes
4 15 oz cans of white cannellini beans, drained and washed
5 tbs flour (gluten free if needed)
1+ cup of corn niblets
6 cups low fat chicken stock
Parsley to taste
1. Cook onion until translucent with olive oil in heavy pot.
2. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add meat, 1 tsp salt, cumin, fennel seed, oregano, and chili powder.
3. Cook stirring frequently until meat is cooked through, be sure to get the brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
4. Stir flour into the mixture. Add beans, corn and chicken stock.
5. Bring mixture to a simmer, continue scrapping brown bits from bottom with a wooden spoon.
6. Add swiss chard and simmer for an hour and a half (or longer on very low heat), keep scraping the bottom every 10-15 min.
7. Check spicing, add ground pepper and/or salt as needed.
8. Add pepper flakes about 10 minutes before serving.
9. Laddle into warmed bowls, sprinkle with parsley