If you haven’t said it, then you have certainly heard it- “I’ll get back on track in September.”
Many of us use the summers to indulge just a little more; to be more relaxed when it comes to our lifestyles and eating plans. While this is ok, it’s important to make sure that you refocus as busy months are upon us and eating well will help keep us energized and ready to handle anything!
In addition to keeping our bellies full and fueled for our hectic days, great snacks help to keep us asleep at night, reduce cravings, keep our minds sharp and motivated and of course fuel our metabolism so continue to burn calories all through the day! Trust me, quality snacks are a key part of a healthy lifestyle.
One of the most common issues clients seem to have is coming up with new, delicious, yet simple snacks. So I thought since we’re all planning on refocusing this September, why not get you started with some ideas:
- Cloud Bread topped with eggs or shaved turkey and tomato
- Tip: double the recipe so you have this option all week long!
- Kale chips paired with an apple and nut butter. This salty and sweet snack will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!
- 2 Minute Berry Muffin. Yes! You read that correctly, it takes just 2 minutes to make this muffin; it’s fast and packed with protein to keep you feeling satisfied.
- Island Alive Smoothie. Blend this up in the morning, pack into a tightly sealed mason jar and sip away at this cool beverage for a morning or afternoon pick me up!
- Crunchy Spiced Chickpeas. These crunchy pearls of flavor will get your taste buds soaring! Pair a ½ cup serving with fruit or a 1oz slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Tip: add to your favourite salad for a change of pace.
I’d love to hear your favourite snack suggestions- simply post at the bottom of the blog and I’ll be sure to share your suggestions!
For more healthy snack ideas, check out this article from the Huffington Post