Tomato Soup with Hemp
For an easy-to-prepare meal, try this hearty tomato soup with hemp!
Why is this hearty tomato soup good for you?
Tomato soup contains lots of vitamins and can control bad cholesterol. It also has a benefit for people watching their weight: it’s low calorie and can burn fat.
It contains hemp – did you know hemp contains 10 amino acids, is rich in good fats and omega acids, and is easy to digest? Since it’s a plant based product, it is suitable in vegetarian diets.
What great benefits! To reap them, try this recipe below:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet cooking onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 28-oz can plum tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 organic vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds per serving (add once portioned into a bowl)
1. In heavy stockpot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add all chopped vegetables and sauté until soft and onion is translucent.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, stock or water, basil, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder, and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Using a hand-held blender, puree soup to desired consistency and serve.
4. Add 3 tbsp Hemp seeds (for protein) to each serving right before eating.